Zach Osborne, Supercross/Moto X Champion
1. What is your greatest strength and why?
My greatest strength is definitely my grit and determination when I’m in a racing situation. I give it my all and I’m willing to suffer more than the rest!
2. Describe a situation where you had to make a quick decision in a race and what did you learn from that experience?
One of the biggest moves of my racing career was a split second decision in the last corner for my first championship. I saw an opening to make the pass that I needed and I took it. I learned that no matter what when you’re racing, you always trust your instinct and never hesitate if you believe you can do something.
3. How do you handle stress and pressure?
I don’t handle it very well! I’m very nervous on race day. I struggle to eat, I stress every detail such as time down to the minute before my sessions and I probably worry the socks off of my wife. Often times I even worry myself to the point of puking but the worry and stress are all pretty routine at this point. It’s become the normal me after racing for so long. If I’m not nervous then I’m nervous as to why I’m not nervous!
4. If I called your coach right now and asked him or her what is an area that you could improve on, what would he or she say?
He would definitely say I’m too nervous and anxious and I stress the little things too much! I get lectured often on choosing my battles and worries.
5. What excites you most about your career as an athlete?
I love to give it my all and see where I stack up. I get excited about working hard so that my races are easier and to see just how far I can get in my sport. Pushing myself to the absolute limit excites me! I know, I have a weird sense of fun!
6. What is your most favorite aspect of the Masimo MightySat?
The consistency. As I said before, I stress the little things and the fact that I can wake up every morning and slip my Mightysat on my finger in a consistent and routine manner giving me a set of stats to start my day is definitely my favorite thing.